Question

Hi all im struggling to find an answer to my problem here. I've made a IM application the same as facebooks but it is having problems in IE.

The problem started as I kept seeing rn at the beginnning of every post made via IE. That was due to stripslashes function. But as I was investigating I noticed my tag was being added an attribut 'done';

<li><UL done67="7">rn<LI class=name>ACTwebDesigns</LI>rn<LI class=speech>hello</LI></UL></li>
<li><UL done1="4">rn<LI class=name>ACTwebDesigns</LI>rn<LI class=speech>foo</LI></UL></li>
<li><UL done84="10">rn<LI class=name>ACTwebDesigns</LI>rn<LI class=speech>barr</LI>rn<LI class=speech ?>foobar</LI></UL></li>
<li><UL done88="14">rn<LI class=name>ACTwebDesigns</LI>rn<LI class=speech>this is a test</LI></UL></li>

does anyone know of a reason why IE would add this attribute?

EDIT:

    function checkForm() {
    $(".chat_input").keydown(function(e){
        if ( e.keyCode == 13 ) {
            var data = strip_tags($(this).val());
            var username = $("#users_username").val();
            var box = $(this).parents('div:eq(0)');
            $(this).val("");

            if( box.find('.conversation_box li.' + session_number ).length == 0 ) {
                var conversation_list = box.find('.conversation_box').html();
                var insert_data = '<li class="' + session_number + '"><ul><li class="name">' + username + '</li><li class="speech">' + data + '</li></ul></li>';
                box.find('.conversation_box').html(conversation_list + insert_data);
                bottom();
            }else{
                var conversation_list = box.find('.conversation_box li.' + session_number + ' ul').html();
                var insert_data = '<li class="speech"">' + data + '</li>';
                box.find('.conversation_box li.' + session_number + ' ul').html(conversation_list + insert_data);
                bottom();
            }
            return false;   
        }
    });
}

    function store_chat(){
    try{
        var token = $("#token").val();
        var openedBoxes = $("li.conversation_list");
        openedBoxes.each(function(){
            var boxContainer = $(this).parents('div:eq(0)');
            var amount = boxContainer.find('.conversation_box li').length;
            var p = boxContainer.find('.open_trigger').html();
            var u = $("#users_username").val();
            if( amount != 0 ){
                if( $(this).parents('div:eq(0)').find('.conversation_box li.' + session_number ).length != 0 ) {
                    var session_contents = $(this).parents('div:eq(0)').find('.conversation_box li.' + session_number ).html();
                    alert( session_contents );
                    $.ajax({ 
                        type: 'POST', url: './', data: 'token=' + token + '&re=7&s=' + amount + '&sd=' + session_contents + '&u=' + u + '&p=' + p, cache: false, timeout: 5000,
                        success: function(html){ 
                            auth(html); 
                            boxContainer.find('.conversation_box').html(html); 
                            bottom();
                        }                           
                    });
                }
            }
        });
    }catch(er){}
}

No correct solution

OTHER TIPS

IE definitely won't do that automatically. Chances are it's some erd party script adding the attribute to keep track of some data against the node.

Licensed under: CC-BY-SA with attribution
Not affiliated with StackOverflow